Comments Off on 8 Ways to a Healthy Summer
Summer is one of my favorite times of the year, the next most favorite being the fall. I know we all complain about the heat, but here in Huntington Beach it’s usually fairly cool in the morning, hot in the afternoon and it cools down again in the evening.
For those of us with children, summer is our main vacation time. It’s a time to travel, to go to amusement parks, to head to the mountains or beaches. This is family time.
So what can we do to help make certain we stay strong and healthy for what is left of the summer?
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables
- Take a multivitamin
- Stay hydrated
- Wash up thoroughly after spending time in public places, and when we are in the large crowd at amusement parks, use sanitizer wipes to keep hands clean
- Use sunscreen, sunburns are a big cause of pain and discomfort in the immediate, and in the long run set us up for skin cancer
- STAY Hydrated!! Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water. And if you plan on being out in the sun for the entire day, make up some water bottles with plenty of ice and maybe even some lemonade. Children will only drink so much water, but some lemonade that has plenty of ice in it is better than becoming dehydrated.
- Try to keep stress levels low. It can be difficult with working parents to coordinate day care for children during the summer. Network with other working parents and see if you can help each other out. Instead of each of you having to miss work, perhaps each person takes one day off and takes the others children.
- Let your children play. Don’t try to make the perfect summer, just have some days where there isn’t a grand plan. Trying too hard to fill every minute with activity can be overwhelming for you and your children
At Bonne Foi, we are lucky to be located in Huntington Beach. Our company is in a location that other’s come to for a vacation, and sometimes a walk along the beach, snow cone in hand, can be the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
Don’t forget your sunscreen, your Keratin Hair treatment, and your Bonne Foi moisture cream.