Comments Off on Christmas Cookies
Every year families spend some of their holiday time in the kitchen making Christmas Cookies to give to friends and neighbors, or simply to have for themselves during the festive season. The traditional cookies are sugar cookies decorated with icing and sprinkles, gingerbread men and women, chocolate chip cookies are always a favorite, and then there are the special recipes that are handed down from generation to generation.
We found a great recipe for something a little different from the usual Christmas cookies.
White Chocolate Cranberry Christmas Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.