Us working people know all about the crock pot. The easiest way to come home to a house that smells good,and not have to stress about dinner, just scoop out the food, toss a salad and voila, dinner is served!
I mainly throw in a pot roast, chicken, or sausage before I head off for the day. But that is getting a little boring, although still delicious. So today I went looking for something a little different, and I think I will try this out over the weekend, so that I have time to make something else if I don’t like how it turns out.
- 2 10- to 12-ounce packages frozen winter squash puree,thawed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 32-ounce container ricotta
- 1 5-ounce package baby spinach (6 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 16-ounce box)
- 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (about 2 cups) green salad, for serving
In a medium bowl, mix the squash and nutmeg. In a second bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
In the bottom of a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, spread ½ cup of the squash mixture. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles (breaking to fit), half the remaining squash mixture, 3 lasagna noodles, and half the ricotta mixture; repeat, ending with the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
Cook on low, covered, until the noodles are tender, 3 to 4 hours. Serve with the green salad, if desired.
Enjoy! let us know how you liked it !!