Comments Off on Delicious Summer Recipes
Summer time can be pretty hot out here in Orange County. As a matter for fact, this summer it is not only hot, but it’s humid. It probably sounds odd that I am talking about heat in the summer time. It’s summer, it’s supposed to be hot!! Our summers out here in the Coastal areas of Southern California are usually pretty cool compared to the more inland areas. We don’t get really high temperatures until September in some years. But that is NOT the case this year.It’s hot!!
The first thing that affects me in this hot, muggy weather is my appetite. I really don’t feel like cooking, (the oven generates too much heat). I am not hungry for a big meal and living on frozen yogurt, while it sounds nice and cool, does not make for a healthy, nutritious diet. Are you the same way? Let me save you some time, I went out and found a recipe that I like for tonight’s dinner.
If you try it out, post a comment here and let me know how you liked it:
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped and toasted walnuts or pecans
- Bottled vinaigrette
- Toss together first 4 ingredients; drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette, tossing gently to coat.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman’s Own Light Raspberry & Walnut vinaigrette.
Julie Foster, Norcross, Georgia, Southern Living