Comments Off on Take Care of Your Skin at 50
Skin care is important at any age. The younger you are when you begin to take your skin care seriously, the younger you will look at 60. The Today show ran a story about actresses who are now over 40 and still employed. It used to be the rule in the film industry women over 40 were relegated to TV sitcoms. Not anymore.
In fact, there are some pretty strong and powerful women in Hollywood who are headed into, or who have already turned 60. They are beautiful and talented, and I don’t see them quitting acting any time soon. These women have taken care of themselves and they have empowered themselves, taking charge of how they eat, what products they use on their skin, and what roles they take.
At Bonne Foi, we created our product line because we wanted products that would deliver on the promise of good skin care at a reasonable price. We have men, women and teens all using our skin care line. They often paid way more than what our products cost, for other products, with poor results. Bonne Foi’s natural ingredients and formulations have changed they look and feel of their skin.
Whether you use Bonne Foi Skin Care, or another product, these rules from our Ebook still apply.
“Your skin care routine:
• Cleanser: Use a gentle cleanser formulated for dry skin. Don’t overdo it, but be aware that your skin cells take longer to renew themselves, so cleansing is more important than ever.
• Eye cream: Use a hydrating eye cream formulated for the sensitive skin around your eyes, once in the morning and once at night.
• Nighttime treatment: Include a rich, hydrating face cream with a high concentration of oils.
• Hydrate: Drink plenty of water to hydrate skin from the inside out. You can also use an alcohol-free mist during the day to help balance your PH.
• Exfoliate: Don’t exfoliate aggressively, because you could damage skin that is getting thinner as you age. But the slower rate of skin renewal means a potential buildup of dead skin cells. That can amplify the appearance of wrinkles and keep moisturizers from penetrating. So be sure to exfoliate once a week.”
You can make your own salt or sugar scrubs using olive oil, coconut oil mixed with sugar or sea salt. Take care of your skin and your skin will take care of you.